We agree with A.W. Tozer,
“That our idea of God correspond as nearly as possible to the true being of God is of immense importance to us. Compared with our actual thoughts about Him, our creedal statements are of little consequence. Our real idea of God may lie buried under the rubbish of conventional religious notions and may require an intelligent and vigorous search before it is finally unearthed and exposed for what it is.”
In other words, if you want to know what a person (or an organization) really believes, their creeds may not tell you nearly as much as how they live. Or perhaps, how they pray.
- The Bible to be the inspired, only, infallible, inerrant, authoritative Word of God.
- In the One True God, The Sovereign, eternal Creator of all that exists, both seen and unseen. God is eternally existent in three persons, yet one God: Father, Son and Holy Spirit.
- In the deity of our Lord Jesus Christ, in His virgin birth, in His sinless life, in His miracles, in His vicarious and atoning death through His shed blood, in His bodily resurrection, in His ascension to the right hand of the Father and in His personal return in power and glory.
- God created mankind in His image. Adam and Eve, the first human beings, chose to rebel against God and go their own way. As a result, all of mankind became separated from God, the image of God in man distorted, he became subject to the power of the devil, and the sinful nature passed on to all their offspring. Because of original sin spiritually stubborn human beings are incapable of pleasing or commending themselves to God. The only remedy for mankind’s pitiful predicament is redemption through faith in Jesus Christ.
- That when a person exercises saving faith in Christ he passes immediately out of spiritual death into spiritual life, and from the old creation into the new, a new nature and a new heart imparted; being justified freely by grace, accepted before the Father just as Christ His Son is accepted, loved as Christ is loved, having his place and portion as linked to Him and one with Him forever.
- In the present ministry of the Holy Spirit by whose indwelling the Christian is enabled to live a godly life.
- In the resurrection of both the saved and the lost, they who are saved unto the resurrection of life and they who are lost unto the resurrection of damnation.
- In the spiritual unity of believers in our Lord Jesus Christ.